Saturday, July 31, 2010

School ... AGAIN?!?

So I am going to do it ... go back to school to get my RN.

Yes, I said it! I. AM. GOING. BACK. TO. SCHOOL.

I never really thought I could do it, honestly. My best friend just graduated from Mercer and I looked at her the last 3 years and thought there is no way that I have the time to devote to it. But what I really realized is that I could MAKE the time, I was just scared because I did not think I was smart enough to do it.It was always a wish in the back of my head but never something I thought I could actually do.

It was not until I got the job working for the hospital that I started putting that thought into action. Everyone around me was encouraging me to go forward with it because they saw potential in me. Don't get me wrong. no one in my family ever discouraged me or put me down in any way an are ALWAYS very supportive of any and everything I want to do, but families can be biased sometimes. It was just nice to get those encouraging words from people you respect and work for.

My plans are this...

I am doing the rest of my prerequisites at Perimeter College and then I am going to transfer to North Georgia College and State University into their ASN (associates of nursing) program. It is a 2 year program from start to finish going to school full time. It is nice because you can take your prereqs along with the nursing classes and go to school everyday all day OR you can get all your prereqs done at youe leisure and then start the program and just have class on day and clinicals. Meaning, you can still work and go to school.

Which is my plan...to work full time, go to school full time, and be a mommy full time.

THIS IS OFFICIALLY GOING TO BE THE HARDEST THING I WILL EVER HAVE TO DO.

PERIOD.

But I have to do it. I WILL do it. For my baby. ALL for my baby boy.

Wish me luck. Words of encouragement. Prayers. It is all welcomed with open arms.

LOVE TO ALL.

EM




 

No comments:

Post a Comment