Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jump start

After finding out the horrible "C" word has intruded our family one of the first thoughts I had (for other people) was EDUCATE yourself, LISTEN and GO TO THE DOCTOR. After some research, I learned that those with chronic (unresolved) Hepatitis C are basically bound to get the type of "c" word my dad has. Had I known this I would have totally been on his butt about that. We finally got his other (non complicated) health issues under control except one thing. Blah!

One of my sweet friends' father has Hepatitis C and after the hurricane subsided and the dust settled a bit she was one of my first thoughts. I had to tell her so maybe they could learn from my horrible situation and hopefully prevent a similar situation. It is VERY important to be a part of your loved ones health and sometimes that means being a little nosey and pushy but it's in their best interests. You can be discreet about it by doing your own research and then very subtly help them make better decisions.

Another almost family members father found out he had cancer after not going to the doctor in a few years. I cannot stress ENOUGH how important it is to go to the doctor. Every 6 months or a year GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!! Some things that could be prevented or detected early can kill you if you don't go to the doctor routinely! Mountains can be made from mole hills rather quickly if you don't listen to your body. Good Lord just GO TO THE DOC!!! Make your appt tomorrow :)

Even though my situation completely SUCKS (as mature as that sounds), I really hope whoever reads this learns from it and takes a stand in maintaining their health and taking part in the health of those around you.

***Ill leave you with some pictures of this afternoon. Dad and I made some DELISH peach preserves!! Too bad this picture is not a scratch and sniff because the aroma these are giving off it redonkulous!!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment