Friday, August 27, 2010

Pure embarassment ...

I worked in Blairsville yesterday which is about an hour and a half drive from my house one way. It is really not a bad drive but you have to cross a mountain which is horrible.

My morning ride is awesome because I get to listen to The Bert Show on Q100 the entire ride! LOVE them!! But the afternoon drive it not so much ...

I get to Coleman's school yesterday to pick him up and the first thing out of the teachers mouth is, "I need to talk to you". As a parent, that is the WORST thing you want to hear when you get to your childs school. Especially after an hour and a half drive when all you have been doing is totally looking forward to seeing them.

She tells me that Coleman spit at her and then looked at a friend of his and laughed and said, "ha ha I spit on her."

My initail reaction was to jerk his butt up right there for a spanking. I did pop him when we got in the car and he had no TV last night and had to go in time out when we got home. By no means was that acceptable, what so ever, but not knowing the situation that it occured in was a little hard for me.

*side note: I have walked into the classroom before picking him up and totally caught her yelling at him and not being very nice to him at all. She obviously did not know I was there b/c when she turned around and saw me she flipped the script and turned on the niceness.

It is not only embarassing b/c NO one wants to hear anything bad about their child. I want him to be the sweetest boy ever that everyone wants to be around and be friends with.

It is SO hard as a parent to imprint in their little brains how important it is to have respect for everyone around you. Friends. teachers, parents, anyone ...

Pray he will get out of this funk and return back to my sweet little man that everyone loves and adores!!

No comments:

Post a Comment